Technical Compliance Advisor
Category: FULL TIME
Added: 30.05.2017, 18:22
Placed till: 30.06.2017
Location: UK - West Sussex - Littlehampton
The Body Shop International is recruiting a full time Technical Compliance Advisor based in our International Operations department in Littlehampton, West Sussex. This role is a fixed term contract for 14 months, starting in July. The role provides advice and guidance to all areas of the business on technical compliance matters associated with products, and particular reference to raw materials function and use.
Why work for The Body Shop?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The role in a nutshell
- Assist the International Regulatory and Scientific Director in fulfilling the requirements of the Technical Compliance function
- Proactively work with The Body Shop vendors and raw material suppliers to instruct them in The Body Shop technical data requirements, processes and tools
- Proactively resolve technical compliance data issues
- Liaise with external providers and users of The Body Shop technical information (including, but not limited to, manufacturing vendors, raw material suppliers, government agencies) to gather and provide such information as required
- Proactively support the business with a broad awareness of The Body Shop portfolio, facilitate the resolution of customer facing technical queries and resolve technical compliance data issues
- Maintain a broad awareness of worldwide regulatory requirements concerning cosmetic products and other product types as sold by The Body Shop (including, but not limited to, textiles, goods not for retail sale etc.)
What you’ll need
- Previous experience handling technical data within Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical or Food Industries
- Knowledge of technical regulations, database solutions, global advertising, claims regulations and supply-chain dynamics
- Project management and presentation skills
- Budget awareness
Our global HQ is located in the heart of Littlehampton, West Sussex. On site there is a state of the art distribution centre, conference centre, a 1950’s ‘Uncle Fred’s Diner’, a nursery and an onsite allotment area for staff.
Want to join The Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. Here at The Body Shop House we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!
Apply for a job here.
Entry ID: 29