Everyone wants flawless, youthful-looking, and supple skin that radiates a striking glow. However, attaining that level of clarity and clearness is not easy as most of us live robotic lives with frequent trips out in the sun. To achieve the flawless skin that we see in fashion magazines and movies, we need to follow a consistent skin-care routine.
Two of the most prominent skin-related issues that individuals face are dryness and inflammation. Both these issues can lead to unattractive, dull, and acne-prone skin, which people try to avoid at all costs.
In recent years, researchers have touted cannabidiol as an effective treatment methodology for these issues. However, what are the other ways individuals can use to bid goodbye to skin inflammation and dryness?
Here is a look at everything you need to know about combating skin-related issues through innovative and creative means.
What are Skin Inflammation and Dryness Issues?
Dry skin occurs whenever your skin runs out of moisture, leading to irritated and sensitive skin. While the issue is not severe or life-threatening, it can be challenging to handle. Several internal and external factors contribute to dry skin, making it difficult to pinpoint an exact cause for it.
While certain types of dry skin are temporary, some of them last around the year and are more chronic. Inflammation is our body's natural response to an external threat. The endocannabinoid system is responsible for regulating our immune response. While inflammation can help aid recovery, it works only in moderation. Some individuals have sensitive internal systems, which leads to excessive inflammation and redness. Some of the common skin-related issues that can cause skin inflammation and dryness are as follows:
- Athlete's foot caused by a fungus turns your soles dry and flaky
- Contact dermatitis occurs as an allergic reaction and causes dry, itchy, and sensitive skin
- Eczema can lead to dry patches of skin that crack and form painful scabs
Some of the most common symptoms associated with skin dryness and inflammation are as follows:
- Cracked skin
- Excessive itching
- Peeling of skin in patches
- Flaking or scaling
- Mild swelling
- Rough skin that appears gray
Causes of Skin Inflammation and Dryness
Environmental factors, such as mean temperature, humidity, and weather, are crucial factors that can influence your skin's health. Some of the most common causes of skin-related issues are as follows:
- Usage of harsh detergents, soaps, or body washes that strip of skin of its natural moisture
- Excessive heat can lower humidity and dry out your skin
- Taking long, hot showers frequently can negatively impact your skin’s natural moisture balance
- Undiagnosed skin conditions, such as dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis
- Frequent contact with chlorine in swimming pools can dry your skin
- Individuals are prone to facing skin-related issues in winters as humidity drops drastically
- Older men and women have to pay more care to their skin as age makes the skin’s protective barrier less effective
Ways to Prevent Skin Inflammation and Dryness
- Individuals must ensure they keep their skin hydrated and supple by moisturizing at least twice a day. One of the most basic principles in any skin-care routine is to make sure skin remains flexible, moist, and soft by locking moisture within it. It is also the most effective way to combat dryness and roughness. Use high-quality water or oil-based moisturizer with natural and organic active ingredients for the best results.
- Hyaluronic acid has the power to boost your body’s collagen production, enabling it to improve your skin’s overall tone and texture. Collagen is an integral protein necessary to upkeep your skin's barrier protection function. It binds with water molecules and helps lock moisture in your skin, preventing dryness, chafing and provides a glow to your skin. Medical-grade hyaluronic acid promotes collagen production naturally, resulting in flawless and radiant skin.
- Cannabidiol possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties that help it prevent swelling, redness, sensitivity, and irritation. Products containing hemp extracts bind to our CB2 receptors and regulate our immune response to control excessive inflammation. As a result, effective CBD hemp cream helps prevent acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Using glycolic acid every night can help your skin improve its natural cell turnover rate. As you age, your skin cells undergo various growth cycles and get replaced by newer cells. However, skin cells that do not brush or fall off after death leads to rougher patches and uneven complexion. Glycolic supports such cell turnover, leading to softer and smoother-looking skin.
- Always use hydrating facial toners and cleansers to prevent the buildup and effect of harsh chemicals. Individuals who use cleansers and toners containing harmful chemicals are at risk of drying out their skin quickly. Switching to ones that utilize natural and organic ingredients will help lock moisture in and prevent overt dryness.
- Exfoliation is a crucial part of maintaining a good skin-care routine. People should exfoliate three times every week to remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate the blood supply to the fresh skin underneath. Doing so will also help prevent the buildup of dirt, oil, and bacteria which can clog pores and lead to acne breakouts. Additionally, consistently exfoliating your skin can help even your skin tone and prevent uneven complexion and texture.
- Cannabidiol and Delta-8 products have anti-oxidant properties that make them effective in maintaining the skin’s protective barrier. These products combat free-radical damage, helping us fight various signs of aging effectively. As a result, consistent use of topical CBD products can help individuals achieve youthful-looking, supple and wrinkle-free skin.
- When using foundation, most women realize that it sticks to dry spots on the face, leading to them drying out even faster. Hence, women must be careful while removing such make-up to ensure their face remains hydrated and supple. BB cream is an efficient alternative that works as a lightweight foundation that moisturizes and nurtures your skin.
- No skin-care routine and product can help you if you don’t nourish your body with the best nutrients. Therefore, following a healthy diet and exercising enough throughout the day is integral to achieving radiant and glowing skin. Additionally, individuals should ensure they drink at least three to four liters of water every day to keep themselves hydrated and energetic.
- Always make it a point to use appropriate sun protection before stepping outside to protect your skin from harmful free-radical damage. Consult a skin specialist to ensure you are using sunscreens with the required SPF rating. Individuals should opt for zinc oxide-containing products and avoid those with oxybenzone for better skin health.
As you can see, these natural methods can help individuals deal with their skin-related issues. Products such as hyaluronic acid and cannabidiol have proven to be efficient in combating several skin conditions. Cannabidiol possesses several medicinal and therapeutic properties, making it an effective tool to add to your skin-care routine. However, individuals should consult a doctor before starting any drug-based regimen to prevent adverse reactions, allergies, and side effects. What are your favorite home remedies to combat skin-related issues? Help others achieve radiant and youthful-looking skin by sharing your treatment methodologies in the comments below!
You may also like