After the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park in 2015, the mission-driven luxury lifestyle hotel brand 1 Hotels opens the doors of its third property 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge.
The eco-conscious design of new property as well as its sustainable architecture and cause-oriented partnerships reflect core philosophy of 1 Hotels founder Barry Sternlicht, “The world around us is beautiful, and we want to keep it that way.”
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge is situated in Brooklyn Bridge Park with sweeping waterfront views of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty.
According to Booking.com, the distance between 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade is 644 metres, and the distance from hotel to the East River is 322 metres.
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge offers:
- 194 guest rooms, including 29 two-to-six bedroom suites
- The Riverhouse – Presidential Suite with most rooms offering panoramic views of the East River, the Brooklyn Bridge and the New York skyline
- Pierhouse – the adjoining new condominium, which consists of 106 townhome style residences spread across two waterfront buildings
The hotel also features 4,000-square-foot rooftop, 2,800-square-foot lounge space, 50-seat screening room, wellness amenities, event and meeting spaces.
1 Hotels founder Barry Sternlicht said, “I created 1 Hotels to show sophisticated travelers that they can do good, live well, and connect with both the world and the community around them. Today, with the opening of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, my vision is now realized. We were able to select every material and develop mindfully, yet the space's main purpose remains to serve, entertain and inspire with some of the best amenities found in the New York hospitality market."
As a luxury property inspired by nature, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge has a number of green credentials:
- The hotel was built according to LEED standards
- 54% of materials used to design the hotel are regional or reclaimed materials
- The hotel operates a rain-water reclamation system that is used to collect water and irrigate the park during summer months
- The hotel operates entirely on wind power energy
- Low-energy light bulbs are used to minimize the consumption of energy
- The hotel is equipped with triple clear water purification system
- Rooms and common areas are decorated with environment-focused artwork
- Only eco-friendly cleaning products are used in the hotel
- Each room is equipped with in-room recycling bins
- Every room has marble rain shower with a 5-minute hour-glass timer to remind guests to conserve water
“Our goal is to bring nature inside in the most thoughtful ways, a goal best displayed by each room’s floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Manhattan, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Statue of Liberty. Even the tiny details match up: hemp-blend Keetsa mattresses are wrapped in 100 percent organic cotton sheets, every faucet spouts Triple Clear filtered water, and rooms are adorned with living plants and trees by the landscape team at Harrison Green,” says hotel team.
Many of the design details in the rooms are created by local artisans. “In designing 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, we wanted to make the hotel connected to the community, surroundings, and history in organic and sustainable ways. So, we commissioned works from local artists, asking them to keep in mind all of these factors in their pieces, in order to communicate these connections in visual and thought-provoking ways. In this series, go behind the scenes with the artists and their creations,” says hotel team.
Besides, hotel features a fresh farm stand in the lobby and botanically driven cocktail program. All 3 hotel’s eateries – café Neighbours, the lobby lounge and Signature Restaurant – use seasonal, fresh ingredients from local purveyors.
In case guests need to get around NYC, they will get access to Tesla premium electric vehicles for complimentary rides. In addition, guests will be able to use valet parking spaces located under the hotel and universal charging stations for electric and hybrid vehicles.
You can book rooms in 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge on
by Natalie Myhalnytska
You may also like