Harsh chemical cleaners — nobody likes the way they smell, but did you know they can also be harmful to your health and the earth?
If you have pets and kids crawling on the floor and furniture, it’s important to make sure they aren’t coming into contact with harmful chemicals. It’s also important to make sure we aren’t using chemicals that will ultimately pollute the earth.
Luckily, it’s incredibly easy to make homemade air freshener with ingredients you likely already have around your home! What you’ll need is:
- 8 ounce spray bottle
- A funnel
- Distilled water (tap is fine, too)
- 60+ proof vodka or rubbing alcohol
- Your favorite essential oil
Use these three steps to create your own DIY air freshener! You can use the recipes created by Simply Self Storage or create your own concoction.
- Gather the Materials: Find materials above from around your house or take a trip to the store if you need to. Note: the funnel is not absolutely necessary but it makes things so much easier.
- Pick a Scent: Different scents can be used for different situations. Need to ramp up for a big interview or meeting? Pick Citrus Lavender that both energizes AND relaxes. Having a date night? Spray Orange Rose to set the mood. The options are plentiful!
- Combine the Ingredients and Shake: Follow the recipe and combine the ingredients in a spray bottle. That’s it, you’re done!
Now you can rest easy knowing that you are spraying your home with all natural ingredients. Enjoy the fresh, clean scents whenever you please!
You may also like